Thursday, May 26, 2016

Adding the OpenMeeting Moodle Plugin

I am going assume  that you already have OpenMeeting installed and running. Before I started, I had OpenMeeting working from http://103.28.141.113:5080/openmeetings/

Check OpenMeeting Instance


I logged in and checked that OpenMeeting was working 


Login to OpenMeeting and Check

Next I went to the Moodle OpenMeetings download URL (https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=mod_openmeetings) and downloaded the plugin.
Download the OpenMeetings Moodle Plugin

After downloading, I extracted the contents. By default the a folder called openmeetings is created. I fired up Filezilla and logged on to the folder of my Moodle instance.
I copied the entire openmeetings folder to the /mod folder  (You could use any other FTP client or even use the browser to access using FTP and get this done)
Access the Moodle folder on server and copy openmeetings folder to /mod
 Once this was done, I logged in to the Moodle instance using my administrator login and password. If you have Moodle running already (as an admin) while copying the folder, you could logout and login again.
Moodle detects that a new plugin has been installed. I then clicked on the Update the Moodle database now button.
Click Update Moodle database now

Click Continue
After this, the Openmeetings plugin provides a screen to add the access credentials. Here I added my login and password for Openmeetings. The other fields I left as default since Openmeetings has a stock installation.
Add Login & Password, then click Save changes

After this, I tested to see whether I could include an Openmeetings as a module.



No comments: